Sketch Star is an editing interface by Miniclip that allows registered users to create animations, which can be viewed and saved as well. It officially closed on April 16, 2013 .
Sketch Star's interface is made from several parts.
- A canvas, on which the current frame is displayed.
- A scrolling bars to toggle between frames and backgrounds.
- Buttons for adding and removing frames.
- A box that contains images, some of them contain pivots, that allow rotating some of their parts.
- Editing tools (brush, bucket, eraser), with an optional opacity.
- Shapes generator (circles, rectangles, stars, etc.).
- Text and Speech bubbles (For members only)
- My objects (Create your own things!)
An animation can have up to 100 frames. A scrollbar allows toggling between frames and also adding backgrounds to a frame or several frames. A frame's length can be extended as well.
Sketch Star contests are held almost at any given moment. The contest's theme is sometimes about a holidays or event, and other times about other topics. The top 3 winners receive an award.
An editor's pick is given to a well-designed animations. It ranks from Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Blue, and Diamond.
There are several awards that can be earned from Sketch Star. They are determined by a particular number of achivements (e.g. number of views).
|Award \ Rank||Green||Bronze||Silver||Gold||Blue||Diamond|
Sadly, sketch star is not on Miniclip because it has been closed/taken down. Lots of players miss sketch star and that's why the online Miniclip population is going down.